A six week full time programme for pupils who are at risk of permanent exclusion.
What schools can expect
- Pre programme visit from a Learning Mentor to meet with school staff to identify behavioural targets using the Reintegration Readiness Scale.
- Pre programme meeting for pupil and parent/carer at St Matthias Park.
- Six week full time learning programme to include assessments and study in English, Maths, Science, ICT, Citizenship with PHSE, Art and Design, Work Related Learning. A vocational activity and a physical activity will also be chosen by the pupil.
- SEAL themes incorporated into all areas of the curriculum.
- Behaviour management based on shared expectations, regular target monitoring and consistently applied reward systems.
- Three post programme visits from a Learning mentor.
What pupils can expect
- Six week programme based on the themes of Getting Started, Working With Others, Goals and Aspirations and Moving On.
- Entry Level Functional Skills qualifications in English Maths and ICT.
- Realistic and relevant behaviour targets.
- Support from a Learning Mentor on return to school.