SEN Statutory Assessment
A full time programme for pupils requiring statutory assessment
What schools can expect
- Pre programme meeting for pupil and parent/carer at St Matthias Park.
- Comprehensive assessment of needs including reading age and Educational Psychologist consultation.
- Full time modified learning programme to include assessments and study in English, Maths, Science, ICT, Citizenship with PHSE, Art and Design, Work Related Learning. A vocational activity and a physical activity will also be chosen by the pupil.
- Targeted learning areas depending on need delivered in small groups or individually.
- SEAL themes incorporated into all areas of the curriculum.
- Behaviour management based on shared expectations, regular target monitoring and consistently applied reward systems.
- Submission of application of Statutory Assessment and support for the pupil in transition to follow-on placement.
What pupils can expect
- Differentiated curriculum based on need.
- Opportunities to take appropriate accreditation: ASDAN, ALAN, Functional Skills or GCSE.
- Realistic and relevant behaviour targets.
- Support from tutor and SENCO through the statementing process.
- Regular contact with home to inform of progress, achievement and support in completing SEN paperwork.