Sixteen Week Full Time
A full time programme for pupils who have been permanently excluded.
What schools can expect
- Contact with parent/carers within 6 days of the exclusion.
- Pre programme meeting for pupil and parent/carer at St Matthias Park.
- A reintegration support programme into the new mainstream school.
- Dual registration until the pupil has successfully reintegrated into the new school.
What pupils can expect
- Full time structured learning programme to include regular assessments and study in English, Maths, Science, ICT, Citizenship with PHSE, Art and Design, Preparation for Work. A vocational activity and a physical activity will also be chosen by the pupil.
- Behaviour management based on shared expectations, regular target monitoring and consistently applied reward systems.
- Realistic and relevant behaviour and learning targets.
- Regular progress meetings with parents/carers where the focus is on progress towards readiness for the next placement.
- Assistance in finding a new school placement.
- Support from a Learning Mentor on return to school.